I’m delighted to announce my first creative writing course for 2018, to be held over four evenings at the picturesque Kalk Bay Books, and I’d very much like you to be there.
Who this course for?
If you want to write something – anything – then it’s for you. Maybe you’ve got half a novel in your drawer, or the opening scene of a short story in your head, or just a single line or a drawing on a napkin that wants to become something. Maybe you’ve got nothing except a suspicion that you might enjoy writing. If that’s you, this is for you.
What are we going to do?
Firstly, we’re going to relax and have fun and talk a lot about books and writing. Vitally, there will be cake and wine. And as we talk and think, and eat cake and quaff wine, we will explore:
* How to turn a few anxious notes into a plan, and a plan into Chapter 1.
* Where characters come from, and how to let them go where they want to go.
* “How to write dialogue”, he said, causing everyone to stare at him because of the very odd way he’d shoehorned dialogue into the list.
* The joyful exhilarating uplifting experience of coldly and ruthlessly rooting out all those fuzzy clumsy messy adverbs and adjectives (see what I did there?)
* How your book gets published and what happens next.
Over the course of the four weeks, you will write at least two pieces which (if you want to share) will get some constructive criticism from another member of the group.
Once the course is over, I will also give you private feedback on a piece of your work if you so wish. (Only constructive criticism, I promise.)
When and where?
5, 12, 19, 26 April 2018
7pm – 9pm, Kalk Bay Books, 124 Main Road, Kalk Bay.
R2250 all inclusive.
How do I sign up?
Please mail me at chopperlion [at] gmail [dot] com and let me know you’re coming.
Please note that places are limited, so contact me ASAP if you are interested.
I look forward to meeting you.