I’m delighted to announce that I will be running a new creative writing course at the picturesque Kalk Bay Books, and I’d very much like you to be there.
Who this course for?
If you want to write something – anything – then it’s for you. Maybe you’ve got half a novel in your drawer, or the opening scene of a short story in your head, or just a single line or a drawing on a napkin that wants to become something. Maybe you’ve got nothing except a suspicion that you might enjoy writing. If that’s you, this is for you.
What are we going to do?
Firstly, we’re going to have fun. Also, there will be cake. As for the specifics, well, over four evenings we will explore, among a host of other fun goodies:
* Why you want to write, and how that guides your writing.
* How to turn a few anxious notes into a plan, and a plan into Chapter 1.
* Where characters come from, and where they go.
* “How to write dialogue”, he said, causing everyone to stare at him because of the very odd way he’d shoehorned dialogue into the list.
* The joyful exhilarating uplifting experience of coldly and ruthlessly rooting out all those fuzzy clumsy messy adverbs and adjectives (see what I did there?)
* How your book gets published and what happens next.
If you want it, I will also give you private feedback on a piece of your writing. (Constructive criticism, I promise.)
When and where?
14, 21, 28 November, 5 December
7.30pm – 9.30pm, Kalk Bay Books, 124 Main Road, Kalk Bay.
R2250 all inclusive.
How do I sign up?
Please mail me at chopperlion [at] gmail [dot] com and say something along the lines of “YES YES ME ME YES ME!!!”
I look forward to meeting you and having some writer-ish fun together.